PRIMARY AGRICULTURE OFFERED AT ULUNDI CAMPUS
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
GRADE 9 WITH MATHEMATICS OR MATHEMATICAL LITERACY) OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATION.
FUNDAMENTAL MODULES IN ALL NC(V) PROGRAMMES
English first additional language
Mathematics of Mathematical literacy and
NQF LEVEL 2 - 4 (ANNUAL COURSE)
TOTAL PROGRAMME DURATION 3YRS
WHAT IS PRIMARY AGRICULTURE? In a nutshell the primary agriculture programme covers all sciences around plant and animal production and nutrition as well as the economical impact thereof. With this programme you can enter the agriculture field either as a farmer, manager or advisor. This programme integrates academic knowledge and theory with practical skills and values.
VOCATIONAL MODULES IN PRIMARY AGRICULTURE:
• Plant Production
• Animal Production
• Farm Planning and Mechanization
• Soil Science
• Advanced Plant Production
These modules are offered at each of the different NQF Levels of study in the National Certificate (Primary Agriculture) qualification.
VOCATIONAL ACTIVITIES TO GAIN ACCESS TO:
• Advise farmers on farming techniques / methods
• Work at a nursery, botanical garden etc.
• Work at a company, advising farmers on management of finances
• Advise farmers on marketing, advertising and selling agricultural products
• Work as a production planner for crops and animal enterprises
• Plant and animal production