ENGINEERING AND RELATED DESIGN (ERD) OFFERED AT VRYHEID CAMPUS
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
GRADE 9 WITH MATHEMATICS OR MATHEMATICAL LITERACY) OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATION.
FUNDAMENTAL MODULES IN ALL NC(V) PROGRAMMES
English first additional language
Mathematics of Mathematical literacy and
NQF LEVEL 2 - 4 (ANNUAL COURSE)
TOTAL PROGRAMME DURATION 3YRS
WHAT IS ENGINEERING AND RELATED DESIGN?
Briefly Engineering and Related Design is all aspects of engineering design in the mechanical, geological and fabrication engineering fields. This course integrates academic knowledge and theory with practical skills and drawings.
• Engineering Fundamentals
• Engineering Technology
• Automotive repair & Maintenance
• Engineering Systems
These Modules are offered at each of the different NQF Levels of study in the National Certificate (Engineering and Related Design) qualification.
VOCATIONAL ACTIVITIES TO GAIN ACCESS TO:
• Participate in the designing and constructing of buildings
• Take part in the manufacturing of tools, machines, engines
• Take part in the operation and maintenance of machines
• Extract tools, equipment and processes to produce components • Sketches and computer aided designs CAD
• Interpret & produce engineering drawings, maps