ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION (EIC) OFFERED AT NONGOMA & VRYHEID CAMPUSES
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
GRADE 9 WITH MATHEMATICS OR MATHEMATICAL LITERACY) OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATION.
FUNDAMENTAL MODULES IN ALL NC(V) PROGRAMMES
English first additional language
Mathematics of Mathematical literacy and
NQF LEVEL 2 - 4 (ANNUAL COURSE)
TOTAL PROGRAMME DURATION 3YRS
WHAT IS ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION?
The electrical infrastructure programme covers heavy current, overhead power lines as well as domestic, civil and industrial industries; light current in the form of digital and electronics in the communications, industrial electronics and sound engineering fields as well as instrumentation. This programme integrates academic knowledge and theory with practical skills and values.
• Electrical Principles and Practice
• Workshop Practice
• Electronic Control and Digital Electronics
• Electrical Workmanship
• Electrical Systems and Construction These Modules are offered at each of the different NQF Levels of study in the National Certificate (Electrical Infrastructure Construction) qualification.
VOCATIONAL ACTIVITIES TO GAIN ACCESS TO:
• Work at a power station
• Work as an electrician at an energy producing company or power plant
• Electrical technician at telecommunications company
• Work at a recording studio as an electrical engineer
• Work at a as a technician