CIVIL ENGINEERING AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION (CEBC) OFFERED AT NONGOMA CAMPUS
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE (VOCATIONAL)
MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
GRADE 9 WITH MATHEMATICS OR MATHEMATICAL LITERACY) OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT QUALIFICATION.
FUNDAMENTAL MODULES IN ALL NC(V) PROGRAMMES
English first additional language
Mathematics of Mathematical literacy and
NQF LEVEL 2 - 4 (ANNUAL COURSE)
TOTAL PROGRAMME DURATION 3YRS
WHAT IS CIVIL ENGINEERING AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION?
The Civil Engineering and Building Construction programme covers construction, masonry building and woodworking; design, drainage and sanitation in a practical, theoretical management and design environment. This programme integrates academic knowledge and theory with practical skills and values.
• Drawings and Setting, Quantities and Costing
• Construction Material
• Construction Plant and Equipment
• Construction Supervision
• Construction Plumbing These Modules are offered at each of the different NQF Levels of study in the National Certificate (Civil Engineering Construction) qualification.
VOCATIONAL ACTIVITIES TO GAIN ACCESS TO:
• Participate in the operation and maintenance of construction equipment and machinery
• Participate in the construction of roads, bridges, dams, railways, houses etc.
• Take part in designing and construction of tunnels, roads, factories, reservoirs etc.